Oyo State Independent Electoral Commission (OYSIEC) was established by the State Independent Electoral Commission Law, 1999 pursuant to Section 197 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 which establishes the State Independent Electoral Commission, Judicial Service Commission and Civil Service Commission in each of the States of the Federation. According to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and State Independent Electoral Commission Law, the Commission has power to:Read More
- Conduct, organize and supervise all elections to Local Government Councils in the State in accordance with the provisions of the law or any other enactment, regulations rules or manuals issued by the electoral Commission; and
- Render such advice as it may consider necessary to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on the compilation of and the registration of Voters for the Local Government Elections in the State.
Vision, Mission and Objectives
To advance democracy at the grass root for rapid socio-economic development of every nook and cranny of Oyo State.
- To conduct, organize and supervise all elections to Local Government Councils within the State;
- To render such advice as it may consider necessary to the Independent National Electoral Commission on the compilation and registration of voters for the Local Government election in the State.
- To conduct credible, free and fair Local Government Election
- To minimize election litigations through credible, free, fair and generally accepted election.
- To reduce apathy of the people towards Local Government Election through public enlightenment and voters education.
- To conduct Local Government Election in a friendly environment devoid of harassment and molestation.
CHAIRMANSHIP AND COUNCILLORSHIP ELECTION LIVE FEEDS